AVROTROS Classical Presents!
- Georg Friedrich Handel / Max Knigge from Giulio Cesare in Egitto: Se in fiorito ameno prato
- Robert Schumann / Raaf Hekkema From Waldszenen: Eintritt and Verrufene Stelle
- Heinrich Wilhelm Ernst Grand caprice sur Le Roi des Aulnes
- Ralph Vaughan Williams from Songs of travel: Youth and love
- Jean Sibelius from Five pieces opus 81: Valse
- Nick Forest Merry leaves (world premiere)
- Henry Purcell By beauteous softness
- Sergei Prokofiev from Romeo and Juliet: Montagues et Capulets
- Jean Sibelius from Five pieces opus 81: Aubade
- Ralph Vaughan Williams from Songs of Travel: Let Beauty Awake
- Manuel de Falla / Arjan Linker from La vida breve: Danza Española
- Henri Duparc / Max Knigge L'Invitation au voyage
AVROTROS is organizing the Young Talent Friday Concert for the fifth time. As the culmination of the talent development program "AVROTROS Classical presents!", eight promising young professional musicians will perform in this surprisingly versatile concert.
Young talent development program
This is already the fifth year of the 'AVROTROS Klassiek presenteert!' talent development program. For a year, promising young professional musicians work on this special talent development program to gain experience on radio, television and in the recording studio. Violinist Charlotte Spruit was a prize winner at the 2021 Bach Wettbewerb Leipzig and made a CD with Yang Yang Cai, last year's participant in the talent development track. Countertenor Gerben van der Werf sang as a 12-year-old in Mozart's Die Zauberflöte and has since made his debut as an accomplished singer with the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra and De Nationale Opera. The Dianto Reed Quintet consists of five passionate Spanish wind players. Their spirited musicianship has already earned them several awards, including that of the Grachtenfestival Conservatory Competition. Pianist Ramon van Engelenhoven won the audience award of the Dutch Classical Talent edition 19/20 and made his debut CD for AVROTROS in 2018.
Surprising musical encounters in a multitude of musical styles
Finale and highlight of the whole process is the presentation in front of a large audience in the AVROTROS Friday Concert. It is not just any performance. Of course the musicians perform individually, but they also play together in arrangements specially made for them. These are exciting and surprising musical encounters in a multitude of musical styles. They also work with a director and the music is enhanced by video projections. All in all, an exciting and inspiring evening for the audience, in which a new generation of musicians can show what they have to offer.