Brahms, the Groot Omroepkoor and Hannes Minnaar
- Johannes Brahms from Vier Quartette opus 92: O schöne Nacht
- Johannes Brahms from Fünf Gesänge opus 104: Nachtwache no. 1
- Johannes Brahms from Fantasien opus 116: Capriccio (no. 3)
- Johannes Brahms from Drei Gesänge opus 42: Vineta
- Johannes Brahms Intermezzo opus 117 no. 1
- Johannes Brahms from Fünf Gesänge opus 104: Nachtwache no. 2
- Johannes Brahms Geistliches Lied
- Frank Martin Mass for double choir
Hannes Minnaar and the Groot Omroepkoor make Brahms' music sound like a warm bath on a cold day: comforting, loving and a touch melancholy. In addition, Frank Martin's impressive masterpiece: the Mass for double choir will be heard.
Brahms' vocal works
Johannes Brahms wrote much beautiful music for choir, both a cappella and with piano accompaniment. The Groot Omroepkoor selected the most beautiful pieces: Nachtwache, Abendständchen and Darthulas Grabgesang. Pianist Hannes Minnaar accompanies the choir with O schöne Nacht and Das geistliches Lied. He complements this with two works for piano solo.
Groot Omroepkoor and Hannes Minnaar
Together with the Radio Philharmonic Orchestra, the Groot Omroepkoor is the house ensemble of the Sunday morning concerts. It is the vocal ensemble for the larger repertoire and is loved all over the world. Hannes Minnaar is one of the best pianists in the Netherlands, as evidenced by the fact that he was the first Dutchman in twenty years to give a concert in the Master Pianist series at The Concertgebouw. Gramophone ravingly called him "a convincing tone painter and an ardent romantic. That comes in handy with the romantic and colorful music of Brahms.