Groot Omroepkoor in the Jacobi Church
- Anton Bruckner Ave Maria
- Antonín Dvořák from Mass opus 86: Kyrie and Gloria
- Wolfram Buchenberg from Vier geistliche Gesänge: Du bist der Herr, unser Gott
- Maxim Shalygin While combing your hair (world premiere)
- Franz Liszt Die Seligpreisungen
- Antonín Dvořák from the Mass opus 86: Credo
- Anton Bruckner Locus iste
- Antonín Dvořák from Mass opus 86: Sanctus and Benedictus
- Wolfram Buchenberg from Vier geistliche Gesänge: Ich bin das Brot des Lebens
- Antonín Dvořák from the Mass opus 86: Agnus Dei
- Anton Bruckner Os justi
The Groot Omroepkoor's annual atmospheric a cappella performance in Utrecht's Jacobi Church is once again an event to look forward to. Led by its first guest conductor Peter Dijkstra, the choir, together with organist Leo van Doeselaar, will perform religious music from the Romantic and 21st centuries. For example, a part from the rarely performed oratorio Christus by Franz Liszt can be heard. This will be followed by the world premiere of a new work for the Groot Omroepkoor, written by the Ukrainian-Dutch composer Maxim Shalygin (1985), who studied in The Hague with Cornelis de Bondt and Diderik Wagenaar and remained in the Netherlands. Anton Bruckner's three moving motets combine well with two spiritual chants by Wolfram Buchenberg, a contemporary composer of choral music from Munich. Antonín Dvořák's Mass in D closes the program.
Tickets are on sale starting May 1.