Groot Omroepkoor sings Brahms and Bach
- Johannes Brahms Fest- und Gedenksprüche
- Johannes Brahms O Gott, du frommer Gott
- Johannes Brahms O, Welt, ich muss dich lasse
- Wolfram Buchenberg Veni, dilecte mi!
- Hans Koessler Hymne an die Nacht from Drei ernste Chöre
- Max Reger Meinen Jesum lass ich nicht
- Johannes Brahms Vier Gesänge für Frauenchor, Hörner und Harfe
- Alphons Diepenbrock Ecce quomodo moritur
- Johann Sebastian Bach Singet dem Herrn ein neues Lied
The jubilee Groot Omroepkoor performs an anthology of choral music between Bach and Brahms, conducted by Michael Gläser, regular guest conductor of the Groot Omroepkoor since the 2010-2011 season. It was precisely because of his choral music that Johannes Brahms was so popular with the many choirs in Germany and Austria in his day. While the general public had all but forgotten Bach after his death, Brahms kept the memory warm and conducted Bach's motets in Vienna. That is why the two composers are united here. The programme makes a trip to the Netherlands with the more French-oriented Ecce quomodo moritur for four-voice male choir by Alphons Diepenbrock.