Classic Top 400
- Jean Sibelius Finlandia
- Hildegard Von Bingen O virtus sapientiae
- Simeon Ten Holt / Anthony Fiumara Canto ostinato
- Felix Mendelssohn from Elias: Hebe deine Augen auf
- Joseph Boulogne (Chevalier de) Saint-Georges Overture L'amant anonyme
- Johann Sebastian Bach from the St. Matthew Passion: Erbarme dich
- Antonio Vivaldi from the Gloria: Gloria in excelsis Deo
- Karmit Fadael from Triptych for orchestra: Djahe and Magie des paillettes
- Gabriel Fauré Cantique de Jean Racine
- Ludwig van Beethoven from the Seventh Symphony: Allegro con brio
- John Williams Schindler's List
- Antonín Dvořák Slavonic dances opus 72, nos. 6 and 7
- Felix Mendelssohn from Midsummer Night's Dream: Finale
The Radio Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by Chloe Rooke plays a selection from NPO Klassiek's Classical Top 400.
Classical Top 400
Every year NPO Classical organizes the Classical Top 400, in which listeners can choose their favorite classical works. The 400 with the most votes are featured on NPO Classical for a week in October. Of course they include real evergreens such as parts of Bach's St. Matthew Passion or Fauré's Cantique de Jean Racine. But each year also has its surprises with unexpected music that still gets a place among the 400 best. The AVROTROS Friday Concert makes a representative selection from the Top 400 list that will be performed live in a varied concert.
Chloe Rooke conducts the Radio Philharmonic Orchestra
Exactly what the program will be depends on the works that reach the Top 400 this season. At least certain is the participation of the National Women's Youth Choir, winner of the Concertgebouw Young Talent Award 2023, and the Radio Philharmonic Orchestra with conductor Chloe Rooke. She made a great impression in 2021 as the youngest participant in the prestigious Malko Competition in Copenhagen and has been assistant conductor of the Radio Philharmonic Orchestra since season 2022/2023. As such, she assists principal conductor Karina Canellakis and several other conductors. But tonight she is on the podium herself and is most personally in charge of this concert.